This Basic SEO course is perfect for anyone with basic or limited SEO experience or can be a great refresher course for more experiences colleagues. This course will help connect the different areas of SEO, give practical advice and guidance for how to improve your website and develop your SEO strategy. The course is completely customisable so please get in touch to discuss your requirements and I can adjust the course accordingly.
This session will cover the basics of SEO. The first half will look at search engines, how they work and how this might affect your everyday work. The second half will be a practical session working on SEO strategy, keyword research and content creation.
An introduction to Basic SEO: Training Outline
- How search engines work
- Finding pages (crawling)
- Saving and storing pages (indexing)
- Showing results (serving)
- What this all means for your online campaigns
- Search behaviour and understanding intentions
- Searcher intentions
- Navigational search
- Informational search
- Commercial investigation searches
- Transactional search
- Search journeys
- Mapping a journey
- Keyword research
- What is keyword research?
- How to start the keyword research process
- Using Google Keyword planner and other research tools
- Searcher intentions
- On-page optimisation
- What is on-page optimisation?
- On-page optimisation best practice
- Optimisation working examples
- Google algorithm history
- A brief overview of Google algorithm history
- Google penalties
- What are they and how do I tell if I’ve been hit?
- What can I do if I get hit with a penalty?
- Introduction to off-page optimisation
- How to attract links from other websites
- How to find content your audience is interested in
- Creating an SEO strategy
- How to outline a complete SEO Strategy using everything covered
Book this course or find out more. Get in touch today.
Digital Marketing Training Courses
I offer a wide range of courses which are tailored for your organisation:
"Abra is one of the most intelligent digital marketers I have ever worked with."
"She is a fabulous content marketer, her technical knowledge is incredible and what she does not know about digital marketing and SEO is not worth knowing. She is an absolute pleasure to work with and I have never recommended anyone more highly."
Carrie Hobart Lead Content Manager